Thursday, June 9, 2016

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Rated: PG-13 - Runtime: 143 min
tesg's Rating: Two and one half stars (out of four)

We start out watching something that looks like a Mummy prequel to the point that I actually forget I'm watching an X-Men feature until the title comes up.  From there, we go through the usual "here's a bunch of new mutants being introduced even though their characters have been established in previous movies".  And there's the build-up to that whole apocalypse deal.

I actually enjoyed this way more than I thought I would until the actual apocalypse, which was long, bloated, and murky.  This movie needed about twenty minutes less apocalypse, and ten minutes more Nightcrawler at the mall.

Of the six movies, I'd put this one at fourth best while noting that the first two movies (in release order) are really all you need in your collection.