Saturday, March 3, 2018

Death Wish (2018)

Rated: R - Runtime: 107 min
tesg's Rating: Three stars (out of four)

I was all in the moment I saw the trailer associating Eli Roth and Bruce Willis's names with the Death Wish franchise.  I would've bought an advance ticket that day if they were on sale.  I had grand visions of the graphic violence Roth could bring and the humor Willis could add.

That doesn't really happen, though...at least initially.  The setup break-in doesn't come near the graphic rape scene of the original, being replaced by minor clothed sexual assault.  Some of the robbers even appear to have morals.

But that all changes when we get to the garage, which is EXACTLY  what I was looking for.  Which figures, since that's primarily what they used in the trailer.

I probably liked this way more than I should have.